María Carolina Queraltó
Labour Law/Social Security Law
María Carolina is a member of the Labour and Social Security Law Department. She has solid experience in individual and collective labour law consultancy, and migration matters regarding foreign workers.
Lawyer, (Faculty of Law of the University of the Republic). Candidate to Assistant Professor in Labour and Social Security Law at the University of the Republic. She has extensive experience in labour counseling and social security of national and multinational companies, in litigation and collective bargaining.
Extensive experience in advising foreign companies on labour matters, social security and migration for the purposes of its establishment in Uruguay as well as aspects relating to foreign employees.
She has participated in due diligence processes related to the sale and purchase of companies and their restructuring, as well as the performance of internal audits. Expert in supplier control processes within the framework of outsourcing laws.
Carolina has vast experience in the dictation of in-house courses of various contents, highlighting her experience in sexual and moral harassment in the workplace.
• Member of the Uruguayan Institute of Labour Law and Social Security (University of the Republic)
• Member of the young jurists section in Uruguay.
•“Outsourcing and its consequences for the social security from a human rights perspective” Co-author, 2019
• “Thinking in the future of labourlaw: balance between work and private life.” Co-author, 2018
• “The alternative solution (judicial and extrajudicial) of employment conflicts: settlement agreements, waiver of employment rights, application of labourrights.” Co-author, 2017
• “Foreign workers: Legal framework and practical aspects of Migration Procedure” Cade, 2016
• National Report “Realization of rights and freedoms contained in international labour and social security standards in Uruguay”. Uruguayan Report included in studies of comparative law “Labour Law and Social Security Law at the crossroads. Focused on international labour law standards and social reforms”, Charles University, Czech Republic, 2016.
• Contributor in Doing Business Project World Bank, labour matters, since 2016.
Spanish – English – Italian
This post is also available in: Spanish